I am so excited to share this simple yet oh so yummy Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub recipe from my kitchen! This scrub is made with all organic ingredients except the pumpkin spice powder. You do not have to use organic ingredients to make it but for our family who deals with some skin sensitivity we chose to use organic. We have tested this recipe out and oh my…our hands and feet are baby skin smooth!
This is such a simple gift idea too! With holiday celebrations coming up this scrub makes a great hostess gift, party prize, teacher’s gift or just “thinking about you” gift. It is a great gift going right into the Christmas season as well. Makes a great stocking stuffer!
So, here we go. This is what you will need…
- 1/2 a cup of organic coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cup of organic white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of organic ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of Pumpkin Pie Spice seasoning
- Jars with lid
- Ribbon or decorations
How to make the scrub…
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the coconut oil down to liquid. This can take anywhere from 30 seconds to a minute. Just stay close to the microwave and watch it.
- Pour melted coconut oil into a mixing bowl. Slowly stir in sugar, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice. Mix together with a spoon. *Tip – I found that I needed to add just a little bit more sugar to the mix to make it more coarse. This is up to you. If you want a more coarse consistency add sugar to your liking.
- Transfer to jar and decorate
I hope you like this scrub and will give it a try. We have loved it so far and are planning more batches and other recipes. As always, if you try this out please let me know what you think! I love to see what you create too!